Monday, August 25, 2014

The Lame Shall Enter First- Related Person/ Personal Static or Dynamic?

Do you know anyone who relates to any of the characters in "The Lame Shall Enter First"?

For my comparison of one of the characters and someone I couldn't pinpoint a singular person to be synchronously associated with Rufus, so I though I would use a more broad spectrum; most of the kids at Mingo Central High School. I feel passionately that the kids that act like they don't know anything and are in the "dumb classes," as I have heard them called, are the Rufuses of the school. They are the kids that have the potential, some of them with a baffling amount of it, but they choose to dwell in their ignorant and arrogant ways. They have the capability to shine just as bright or even brighter than us "Harvard kids." For whatever reason, they are content in their ways and feel no motivation to better themselves and change, but the only question I would have to ask them is why? I know a lot of them have not had a perfect life, but they are the same as Rufus in that they do not want to change because they are comfortable in whatever hurt they may have experienced. It is heartbreaking but true, and I just wish that I or anyone else could turn on the light for at least one of them, hoping it would spread to others and they would finally see who and what they truly can be, unlike Rufus.

Am I dynamic or static? Have I changed while attending Mingo Central?

If I had to choose, I would not hesitate to say that I am dynamic since the beginning of my high school career. I have a personal reason for saying this, but also one I would gladly share with anyone. Since Mingo Central is a conglomeration of four different schools that used to be rivals smashed together, it creates a different atmosphere than you would find at any other school who has not experienced the shock of consolidation. I made so many new friends right off the bat, although still very shy at the time. I was quiet and awkward and had no intention of  becoming who I am today as I compose this on a computer screen. I am now so much more outgoing, and sadly a little too strongly opinionated (when it really matters). I stand up for myself and others, despite a background of being bullied and belittled that I endured for quite some time. I have excelled academically in the sense that I really did not have such immense opportunities to learn at any other school I have previously attended. Spiritually, I have grown in my understanding of what I am called to do after high school (although it is unclear what academic profession I may go into, I have a pretty good idea about what I will do for the Kingdom of God). It would take way too long to list all the changes I have been through, but I will say, every experience, whether good or bad, has shaped me into a better person, and on that note I am glad to be identified as a Mingo Central Miner!

No comments:

Post a Comment